Thursday, February 14, 2019

Tasting- Tres Ojos Rosado

Name: Tres Ojos Rosado

Variety: 70% Gamach 30% Tempranillo

Region: Calatayud

Country: Spain

Year: 2017

Price: $6.95

Review: "Medium pink. This is Garnacha rosé made in a fruity, easy drinking style. Showing ripe strawberry fruit, its moderate acidity and suave texture makes it the perfect sipping rosé. A blend of 70% Garnacha and 30% Tempranillo grown on limestone, marl and slate soils and made by the San Gregorio cooperative, which includes about 900 ha of 40+ year old vines. 14.5% alc.From: I-Wine via Vintage Cellar

My review: I thought that this wine smelled and tasted like cheese. It was light, not too bold, and easy to drink. I tasted some red berries, maybe like raspberry and definitely strawberry. I also thought it was kind of woody, maybe a smoky flavor.

Food Pairing: I did not drink this with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment