Thursday, February 14, 2019

Tasting- Pierre Oliver Rose

Name: Pierre Oliver Rose

Variety: Tempranillo & Airen

Region: Catalan

Country: France

Year: Not provided

Price: $9.95

Review: "A blend of Airen and Tempranillo grapes with 2% raspberry juice. Pale pink salmon. Just a touch off-dry, this is a very pleasant sparkler that reveals aromas of spicy red apple with a hint of cinnamon that carry through to the palate. Well made and exceedingly pleasant to drink." From: I-Wine via Vintage Cellar

My review: I enjoyed this wine a lot. The most easily identifiable smell and flavor is raspberry. It was semi-dry, but tasted pretty sweet because of the fruit. It had a heavier body than I anticipated, but the carbonation helped lighten it up. It was acidic and spicy and really nice to drink.

Food Pairing: I did not drink this with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment