Thursday, February 7, 2019

Tasting- Les Caprices d'Anais Bordeuax Rose

Name: Les Caprices d'Anais Bordeuax Rose

Variety: 50% Merlot, 50% Cabernet Sauvingnon

Region: Bordeuax

Country: France

Year: 2017

Price: $7.95

Review: "Medium pink salmon. Reticent nose of minerals, flowers, and a hint of red berries. Savory, serious, and spicy in the mouth with minerals and red currants showing. A 50/50 blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from 30+ year old vines. This is a serious, food wine with a good backbone." From: I-Wine via Vintage Cellar

My review: I liked this wine. I wasn't sure I would like it after I smelled it because it smelled pungent and not good. However, the taste was surprisingly light, very spicy, and slightly fruity. It was dry and light bodied. It was a little bold to drink by itself, but paired with some food I think this would be a great wine. 

Food Pairing: I did not drink this with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment