Thursday, February 21, 2019

Tasting- Annalisa Malvasia

Name: Annalisa Malvasia di Catelnuovo Don Bosco Malvasia

Variety: 100% Malvasia

Region: Asti

Country: Italy

Year: 2016

Price: $9.95

Review: "The perlage is fine and persistent. The color is pale pink, almost cherry. The aromatic scent is intense and reminiscent of wild berries, blueberries and wild strawberries. The flavor is sweet, slightly sparkling and full of berries. Since this is a sweet and aromatic wine is a classic to combine with fruit tarts and pastry. An ideal companion in moments of celebration, Malvasia is also a nice refreshing drink at any time of the day." From: Vintage Cellar

My review: I found this wine to be almost too heavy for me to enjoy. It smelled and tasted like berries, specifically raspberry and blueberry, and maybe some honey. It was much thicker than I expect a sparkling wine to be and found the heavy mouth feel to a little thicker than I prefer. It almost tasted like a fruity, sparkling ice wine.  

Food Pairing: I did not drink this with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment