Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tasting- Rosemount Estate Shiraz


Name: Rosemount Estate Diamond Label Shiraz

Variety: 100% Shiraz/Syrah

Region: South Eastern Australia

Country: Australia

Year: 2017

Price: $6.98

Review: Complex layers of fleshy, lifted flavor with concentrated dark fruit, spice notes and background oak flavors offering support. The palate has great length, extending to a lovely soft finish.
From: https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/syrah-shiraz/rosemount-shiraz/p/2470750

My review: I really like this wine and drink it pretty regularly, especially when I'm home with my parents. I tasted dark fruits, like cherry and plum on the front. The aftertaste was more spicy and particularly strong on black pepper. It's bold and a good mouthful of wine, but not overwhelmingly acidic, dry, or tannic. 

Food Pairing: I drank this wine with pasta with garlic and tomato sauce and meatballs. I think it paired well with the food, especially the meatballs. It also brought out the spices in the sauce and provided a good balance to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment