Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Tasting- Landshut Reisling


Name: Landshut Reisling

Variety: Reisling

Region: Mosel

Country: Germany

Year: 2017

Price: $5.99

Review: This is an easygoing, medium-sweet wine boasting loads of juicy apricot, tangerine and grapefruit flavors. It's a touch confected and honeyed, but its light body and fresh acidity make it pleasant. From: https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/landshut-2017-riesling-mosel/

My review: I liked this wine a lot. It was fruity but not super sweet, so it wasn't overpowering. I tasted hints of apricot and citrus with made it very drinkable. I can see myself drinking this wine again, but probably just by itself. 

Food Pairing: I had this wine with cheese pizza and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The fruity sweetness actually paired well with the salty pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment