Monday, January 28, 2019

Tasting- Giretto Pinot Grigio


Name: Giretto Pinot Grigio

Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio

Region: Delle Venezie

Country: Italy

Year: 2016

Price: $5.49

Review: "Pale golden straw color. Fruity aromas of lemon rind, summer peach, fresh orange, and garden grass with a supple, crisp, dry-yet-fruity light body and a smooth, interesting, medium-length tart lemon sorbet and star fruit, white peach puree, shortbread, and chalk finish with silky, fruit tannins and no oak. A lovely Pinot Grigio with zippy acidity."
From: http://www.urbanwinelife.com/winereviews/2017/12/15/giretto-pinot-grigio-2016

My review: I enjoyed this wine. It’s light and very drinkable. It’s acidic but smooth. I definitely get some hints of lemon or peach. I can definitely see myself drinking this again either with some white fish or by itself when the weather gets a little warmer.

Food Pairing: I had this wine with lemon garlic pork loin with cous cous and roasted brussels sprouts. The wine brought out the citrus in the pork seasoning and went fine with the plain cous cous. It was not a good match with the brussels sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment